PodCastle is a short fantasy fiction podcast that began in 2008 as the third Escape Artists podcast with editor and host, Rachel Swirsky. PodCastle specializes in all genres of the fantastic. PodCastle’s stories span the genre, from classic sword & sorcery tales to the bleeding edge of speculative realism, hurtling through worlds both imagined and just to the left of our own. Every episode is self-contained, and a wonderful way to sample new authors or new work from familiar favorites. The castle’s denizens have assembled a page of particular standouts for new listeners. The current co-editors are Cherae Clark and Jen R. Albert.
PodCastle has been a finalist for the World Fantasy Award (2018), the British Fantasy Award (in 2019 and 2020), the Aurora Award (2020), and won the Academy of Podcasters award for the Best Fictional Podcast in 2017.
Published weekly by Escape Artists Inc., PodCastle is produced and distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works license.
Logo and Images
- PodCastle uses the Tablet Gothic family of fonts, and Calluna for serif
- Links/primary: #115c3e
- Accent: #c5c59b
- Navigation: #051b12
Download the contents of this press kit in a zip file. Print resolution images available upon request.
- PodCastle won the British Fantasy Award in 2020 in the Best Audio category.
- PodCastle was nominated for the inaugural Ignyte Award in 2020 in the Best Fiction Podcast category.
- PodCastle was nominated for the Aurora Award in 2020 in the Best Related Work category.
- PodCastle was nominated for the British Fantasy Award in 2019 in the Best Audio category.
- PodCastle declined a win for the Parsec Award in the Best Speculative Fiction Story: Small Cast (Short Form) category for our story “Six Jobs” by Tim Pratt, narrated by Stephanie Malia Morris. See the details here.
- Co-editors Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali and Jen R. Albert were nominated for the 2018 World Fantasy Award in the Special Award — Non-Professional category for their work on PodCastle.
- PodCastle won the 2017 Academy of Podcasters Awards award in the Best Fictional Podcast category.
- “Opals and Clay” by Nino Cipri, narrated by The Word Whore. 2016 James Tiptree, Jr. Literary Award finalist (Short Fiction).
- “Super-Baby-Moms Group Saves the Day” by Tina Connolly, narrated by C.S.E. Cooney, Amal El-Mohtar, M.K. Hobson, Tina Connolly, LaShawn M. Wanak, Dave Thompson, Marguerite Kenner and Anna Schwind. 2015 Parsec Award finalist (Large Cast, Short Form).
- “Restless in my Hand” by Tim Pratt, narrated by Steve Anderson. 2010 Parsec Award finalist (Short Form).
Current as of August 2018